Tuesday 4 December 2007

Experiencing Week

Day two in life as a worker. My course finished for Christmas in November. All rather strange, but it was only to send us out for six weeks to experience life as a real life journalist...
Bear this in mind: I WANT A HOLIDAY!
It occured to me this weekend as I was at my pub, doing a shift and not having a day off all week, that I haven't had a holiday since August. Now, that goes for most people, but this holiday was only one week. My last 2 week holiday was probably last Christmas. That was 12 whole months ago. I don't even get my weekends off. I once went 27 days without a single day off, and I was working 67 hours a week.
Now, this is all completely self inflicted as I love my pub job and don't want to give it up. But my stress levels are getting worryingly high.
Worst thing about this week: I have to be in at 8.30 and don't get paid.
Best thing about this week: I'm going to see the Golden Compass tomorrow night. But my boyfriend is a mad crazy fan and will probably cry at seeing his favourite characters come to life before his eyes. Sob.

No comments: