Friday 7 December 2007

End of Experiencing week

Oh good lord, it's nearly the weekend. Have to say that i'm glad i'm not here for just a week because it has gone by so quickly. I've learnt all about putting things onto websites, so now i feel fully teched up. modern journalist, me.
talking of modern journalism, i've noted something about the online world of blogging and newswriting. How many capitals and correct grammar is in this blog? I reckon that, in another few years, all grammar will be defunct and we will, in a few more years after that, start talking like a data-inputting computer.
Enough of that thought.

Plans for this weekend: working. great. But I am going to thoroughly relax on saturday and sunday during the days. Maybe do a spot of Sunday Christmas shopping. This week I have had to write 5 assignments and it has slowly killed me. I've got a couple more assignments for when I go back in January and I'm going to try and do them next week so that I can have a well deserved 2 week holiday. As i've moaned plenty before, 2 week holidays don't come around very often.

It's the pub Christmas party this Sunday night, which may be interesting. We all get along freakishly well and have a terrible habit of getting very very drunk indeed. I will have to get up at 6.50 Monday morning no matter what levels of sobriety I'm in. Can't wait! Actually no, last week was utterly unbearable going to work with the hangover from hell.

I've started to get very Christmassy indeed. I'm smiling innanely and acting like a four year old. I beat my "I'm a sad loser" record this week: before it was downloading the Lee Mead album from iTunes. But this week, I downloaded a Christmas Carols album. Not funky Christmas tunes sung by the Pogues or Bing Crosby, no. The Worcester Cathedral Choir. Get in. I'm sad and I know it. I think this is the first year in a long time that I've got excited about Christmas. Maybe I should stave off going home more often.

The prospect of some RnR right now fills me with Christmas glee. I can't wait. and I think I derserve it.

No comments: